Free Email Updates
Kiva Small Business Advisor for the Greater Seattle area. Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently a Master of Public Administration (MPA) student at Bowling Green State. University in Bowling Green, Ohio, USA. Specializing in International Development with focus on sub-Saharan Africa.
I work in Advertising Operations at Zillow, but LOVE microfinance. I'm always interested in startups, especially non-profits, reach out to me if you're working on anything cool!
Hi, I'm a microfinance blogger who is generally interested in the field of microfinance from a theoretical and practical point of view.
Who wouldn’t want to work at Kiva, one of the coolest non-profits out there? Looks like Kiva is hiring a few positions on the business side of things:
“Chief Financial Officer
About the Job:
Kiva is looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO). S/he will provide stability and strategic guidance to the growing Kiva team. S/he will play a central role in the continued growth of the organization. In addition to overseeing the financial health of the organization, the CFO will be responsible for maintaining a strong financial foundation as the organization grows.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Executive management: Serve as a member of Kiva’s Management team; participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives;
- Revenue growth: Help pioneer new business models and spot new opportunities for international expansion;
- Operations: Serve as a key leader in running the day-to-day infrastructure of Kiva, with potential to move into a COO role in the future;
- Analytics: Oversee analytics team and the development of tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the organization;
- Financial planning and analysis: Complete analysis of financial results. Maintain regular financial planning reports, develop strategic and tactical recommendations. Assist in establishing yearly objectives;
- Finance: Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed. Oversee investments and asset management. Prepare revenue forecasts, monthly management reports, budget, and board reports;
- Accounting and administration: Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems for both Kiva Microfunds and Kiva User Funds.
- Minimum of a BS, a CPA and/or MBA would be a plus;
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills;
- High growth tech experience highly preferred. Banking experience is a plus.
Community Marketing Coordinator
About the Job:
Kiva is looking for a Community Marketing Coordinator. S/he will build ongoing, permanent relationships for the purpose of applying a collective vision for the benefit of Kiva’s community. S/he will strive to build a grassroots movement with the goal of moving Kiva’s existing online communities towards positive change offline, as well.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify and nurture key influencers:
- Identify Kiva lenders who are key influencers in online communities, and work to build relationships with them;
- Serve as an evangelist and foster engagement for Kiva’s most active users with a goal of increased lending volume.
- Identify and engage lending team captains; Facilitate communication and collaboration between captains;
- Create regular challenges to encourage healthy competition amongst the various teams, as one of many vehicles for fostering engagement and incentivizing growth.
- Communicate regularly with Kiva’s lender community
- Plan and run quarterly Kiva insights calls;
- Monitor lending team discussion boards. Respond to questions, negative comments and requests.
- Manage improvements to lending team functionality.
- Gather feedback and take suggestions from lenders on improvements to the product;
- Create and manage special projects to deepen lender experience and facilitate increased lending and team membership.
- Facilitate community events:
- Equip lenders to host parties and gatherings by giving them the resources and support they need to be successful; Help team captains organize and coordinate these events;
- Take charge of staffing booths at events that provide an opportunity for interaction with large numbers of people.
- BA or equivalent degree required;
- Minimum 2 to 3 years volunteer management experience preferred;
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience managing online forum for web 2.0 company preferred;
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in online forums and internet communities;
- Superior customer service orientation, both for internal and external audiences.”