Free Email Updates
Hi, I'm a finance blogger who is interested in how different financial tools, including microfinance, can deliver real value to consumers.
Kiva Small Business Advisor for the Greater Seattle area. Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently a Master of Public Administration (MPA) student at Bowling Green State. University in Bowling Green, Ohio, USA. Specializing in International Development with focus on sub-Saharan Africa.
I work in Advertising Operations at Zillow, but LOVE microfinance. I'm always interested in startups, especially non-profits, reach out to me if you're working on anything cool!
DECSI (Dedebit Credit And Savings Institution S. C), located in the Tigray Region of Ethiopia, is an MFI that has over 423,000 active borrowers and has a gross portfolio of over 116 millions USD.
The mission of DECSI is to improve the well being of those individuals, who are not getting services from the formal sector banks, by increasing their income and wealth through the provision of quality and sustainable financial services.
– To help small producers to become financially independent and start their economic activity
– To provide credit to enhance the productive capacity of small producer
– To provide savings facilities and thus foster thriftiness
– To increase employment and raise the standard of living of clients and their families.
– To increase institutional efficiency and effectiveness
Although DECSI doesn’t have an official website (at least that I can find), here is a great video that gives you a brief description of some of the things they are doing over in Ethiopia.