Free Email Updates
Hi, I'm a finance blogger who is interested in how different financial tools, including microfinance, can deliver real value to consumers.
Kiva Small Business Advisor for the Greater Seattle area. Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently a Master of Public Administration (MPA) student at Bowling Green State. University in Bowling Green, Ohio, USA. Specializing in International Development with focus on sub-Saharan Africa.
I work in Advertising Operations at Zillow, but LOVE microfinance. I'm always interested in startups, especially non-profits, reach out to me if you're working on anything cool!
Published By Jerry Ostradicky on March 5, 2013
“About the Organization:
HOPE International is a network of MFIs operating in 16 countries around the world. It works to empower men, women, and families to break the cycles of physical and spiritual poverty through the provision of loans, savings services, basic business training, mentoring, and discipleship. In its network, HOPE includes traditional microfinance programs, microfinance plus programs, savings-led microfinance programs, and small and medium enterprise development programs.
About the Job:
HOPE International is looking for a Director of Information Technology. S/he will provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing HOPE International’s IT vision and strategy. In this role, s/he will support HOPE stakeholders in order to improve cost effectiveness and service quality within the operations and functional areas of the enterprise.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current data, communication, and mobile technologies.
- Advise and educate HOPE International on the impact of new technologies and their applicability to HOPE’s requirements.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including vendors and partner organizations.
- Serve as the technical leader for the acquisition and implementation of new technologies and applications across HOPE-led institutions.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Degree in an Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- More than 8 years of progressive IT experience. Consulting firm experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with the systems development life cycle with hands-on expertise from initiation through implementation.
- Prior experience in software selection, implementation, integration, and testing is required.
- Strong delivery focus with a history of successful, on-time, on-budget applications, technology deployment projects with a demonstrated customer focus. Strong understanding of all elements of an IT architecture (infrastructure, applications, data management, redundancy, and disaster recovery).
- See more “
Source: Microfinance Gateway