Free Email Updates
Hi, I'm a finance blogger who is interested in how different financial tools, including microfinance, can deliver real value to consumers.
Kiva Small Business Advisor for the Greater Seattle area. Reach me at email@example.com
Currently a Master of Public Administration (MPA) student at Bowling Green State. University in Bowling Green, Ohio, USA. Specializing in International Development with focus on sub-Saharan Africa.
Published By Jerry Ostradicky on March 1, 2013
About the Organization:
Microfinance Focus Europe is a knowledge management service, established to inform and connect the emerging microfinance sector in Europe. They provide industry updates, exclusive interviews, expert opinions, and current research, as well as an information-sharing platform for those involved in European microfinance. Other services include coverage of microfinance conferences, brand development, and entrepreneur outreach.
About the Job:
Microfinance Focus Europe is seeking a number of different interns to assist with various functions as they develop the business over the next few months. Interns must be able to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week, and will work remotely. While this is not a paid internship, option of providing course credit as compensation can be explored.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the European microfinance organizations’ sites to be aware of upcoming events that are of interest to the sector.
- Produce write-ups of the events for publication on the web site, and may be involved in coverage of certain events as they take place.
- Be the point of contact for organizations wishing to post job opportunities on the web site.
- Must be pursuing or in possession of a bachelor’s degree and have completed at least two years of college.
- Excellent writing skills and some writing experience.
- Preference given to those who are familiar with AP style.
- Demonstrated interest in international development and microfinance.
- Knowledge of microfinance preferred.
- Efficient researching skills and high comfort level with Word and Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills and timeliness of execution.
- Familiarity with WordPress strongly preferred.
- Must be able to commit to at least 3 months, and preferably 6.
- See more
Source: Microfinance Gateway