Free Email Updates
Katherine is a recent graduate from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo where she studied International Business and French. She is currently working at a private equity firm in the San Francisco Bay Area. Katherine loves to travel, and recently spent her summer volunteering in Mauritius.
Hi, I'm a finance blogger who is interested in how different financial tools, including microfinance, can deliver real value to consumers.
Kiva Small Business Advisor for the Greater Seattle area. Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently a Master of Public Administration (MPA) student at Bowling Green State. University in Bowling Green, Ohio, USA. Specializing in International Development with focus on sub-Saharan Africa.
Microfinance Jobs: Data Management Internship â€“ MicroFinance Transparency (NY,PA, possibly remotely)
Published By Jerry Ostradicky on July 29, 2010
MicroFinance Transparency is a young non-profit organization that promotes fair and transparent pricing in the microfinance industry. Its desire is to be the venue for the microfinance industry to publicly demonstrate its commitment to pricing transparency, integrity and poverty alleviation. MFTâ€™s vision is to have an industry operating with healthy free market conditions where consumers and other stakeholders can make informed decisions.
MFT is seeking one intern with a 20-day, renewable contract. Preferably based in either New York, NY, Lancaster, PA or within convenient travel distance of either, this intern is responsible for assisting the MFTransparency team with implementing Salesforce. The intern will input MFTransparencyâ€™s existing contact information as well as assist database manager with customization and planning and implementing staff training programs.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Inputting contact information from business cards, Gmail and Outlook
- Performing data cleaning and establishing automated data cleaning routines
- Collaborating with database manager to plan and implement customizations
- Researching Apps, capabilities and ways to maximize the potential of Salesforce in the daily work of the organization
- Developing user guides that will assist MFT staff in fully utilizing tools available through Salesforce.
- Working knowledge of intermediate Excel functionality is a must
- Significant experience using Salesforce is a must
- Prior experience implementing, customizing and/or planning and implementing structural changes to a Salesforce database is not necessary but is a plus
- Ideal candidate will have a career interest in data management
- Must have a strong command of English
- Full training in basic Salesforce administration. Salesforce is currently used by over 5,000 non-profit organizations around the world, and many more in the for-profit community.
- Experience implementing Salesforce, implying full knowledge of the customization process
- Experience designing and administering an employee training program for the use of Salesforce
- Knowledge of how Salesforce functions in the context of a dynamic non-profit organization with an international focus
- Ability to work with MFT senior management including the CEO & President and Vice President
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to Jordan Filko at email@example.com. Please specify the position you are applying for in your email, and include the dates you will be available for the internship.