Free Email Updates
Hi, I'm a finance blogger who is interested in how different financial tools, including microfinance, can deliver real value to consumers.
Kiva Small Business Advisor for the Greater Seattle area. Reach me at email@example.com
Currently a Master of Public Administration (MPA) student at Bowling Green State. University in Bowling Green, Ohio, USA. Specializing in International Development with focus on sub-Saharan Africa.
I work in Advertising Operations at Zillow, but LOVE microfinance. I'm always interested in startups, especially non-profits, reach out to me if you're working on anything cool!
Published By Jerry Ostradicky on March 21, 2014
Organization: The Adelante Foundation was founded in 1999 to promote economic opportunity for rural Honduran women and provide a sustainable solution to reducing poverty. Adelante follows the Grameen Bank methodology and offers an integrative microfinance-education program to over 7,000 women in nine Honduran departments. The organization has
grown by nearly 1,000 clients in 2013 and is looking to expand its fundraising capacity in order
to reach more rural families with more services.
Job Profile: Adelante is seeking an International Development Coordinator to oversee
development activities from Honduras to expand our microfinance and education programs.
The job will require a candidate who is comfortable with and capable of working in an environment where only Spanish is spoken. The selected candidate should be able to adapt to living in Honduras, and be able to work in a fast-paced international non-profit environment. The International Development Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Development based in Denver, CO.
- Create, edit and publish content for blog (bi-weekly), donor newsletter (monthly), website, social networks (several times weekly), mailings and other content needed to reach donors
- Communicate with current and potential grantors in order to expand our funding sources.
- Coordinate grant reporting activities with necessary departments
- Conduct field visits to meet clients, write their stories, and capture photos and videos for general marketing and grant purposes.
- Plan strategic fundraising campaigns to target funding toward specific programs
- Organize and carry out visits for current or potential institutional or individual donors and tourists to create a positive image for the organization
- Maintain and update client testimonial, client stories, and field photo databases in order to keep a complete record of field visits
- Recruit, train and supervise development intern(s)
- Collaborate with Director of Development on other projects related to donor relations
- Requires professional-level Spanish proficiency and English fluency
- Strong organizational and time management skill
- Confidence traveling alone by bus in Honduras and comfortable traveling on back of
- Interest in international development, rural areas and Honduras
- Familiarity with applications including Google Drive and social media required, experience with Constant Contact, and Joomla preferred
- Photo and video editing software experience preferred
- Experience in communications and/or marketing functions
Commitment and Compensation
Adelante is seeking a candidate willing to work full-time for a minimum of one year. The
start date is flexible, with preference to those able to begin in mid-June or earlier. A locally
competitive salary of $1,000/month will be provided and all work expenses during field visits will be covered. A $200 stipend will also be provided each quarter to cover visa renewal costs.
A laptop computer and Canon brand DSLR camera will be available for work and a local SIM card will be provided with a modest monthly cell phone plan. Out of country relocation costs will not be covered.
All applications should consist of a resume and cover letter in English and can be sent to Gina Cappuccitti at firstname.lastname@example.org.