Free Email Updates
Hi, I'm a finance blogger who is interested in how different financial tools, including microfinance, can deliver real value to consumers.
Kiva Small Business Advisor for the Greater Seattle area. Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently a Master of Public Administration (MPA) student at Bowling Green State. University in Bowling Green, Ohio, USA. Specializing in International Development with focus on sub-Saharan Africa.
I work in Advertising Operations at Zillow, but LOVE microfinance. I'm always interested in startups, especially non-profits, reach out to me if you're working on anything cool!
Published By Jerry Ostradicky on March 22, 2013
About the Organization:
Water.org is a nonprofit organization which has transformed hundreds of communities in Africa, South Asia, and Central America by providing access to safe water and sanitation. Co-founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, Water.org works with local partners to deliver innovative solutions for long-term success. Its microfinance-based WaterCredit Initiative is pioneering sustainable giving in the sector. It empowers local communities and individuals to develop and sustain solutions to their own water and sanitation needs.
WaterCredit is Water.org’s single largest initiative. It focuses on connecting with the microfinance sector and engaging with MFIs to catalyze and leverage access to finance to meet the water and sanitation needs of poor clients worldwide. WaterCredit continues to grow and scale with respect to MFI partners, portfolio, and geography.
About the Job:
Water.org is looking for a Senior Manager – WaterCredit Advisory Services. His/her primary role will be to lead the development, execution, and expansion of WaterCredit Advisory Services as part of the overall WaterCredit initiative. S/he will report to the director of international programs based in Kansas City.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Leadership of the WaterCredit Lite offering, including forging and launch of MFI engagements, deployment of WaterCredit Lite services and ongoing relationship management;
- Supervision of WaterCredit advisors, who will be primarily responsible for execution of WaterCredit Lite engagements via both in-country and remote technical assistance;
- During initial growth phases and as required, serve as a WaterCredit Advisor in order to ensure successful expansion of WaterCredit Lite;
- Development, structuring, and promotion of a broader WaterCredit advisory services and consulting platform, which will focus on additional financial innovations;
- Expansion of WaterCredit Lite, including identification of and outreach to additional MFIs and microfinance networks for engagement;
- Development and provision of WaterCredit Lite training sessions and materials, including “training of trainers” both within and beyond the Water.org network;
- Support of the international programs team, including all global WaterCredit program activities;
- Collaborate with global learning platforms team, including all WaterCredit Lite collateral, documents, convenings, and other media (e.g. website).
- MBA, MPP, PhD or relevant Master’s degree required;
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant work experience;
- Minimum 5-7 years successful experience working in the international finance/microfinance sector, particularly in bringing new products to market, expanding into new lending areas, and structuring new partnerships;
- Experience actively managing global teams, including remote positions in the developing world, in fast paced and rapidly changing environments;
- Significant consulting experience, program management, and knowledge of water/sanitation sector strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of foreign languages (particularly Spanish) preferred;
- Must be willing to travel on average 25%, and during certain phases up to 80%;
- US citizenship or an H1-B work visa required.
Source: Microfinance Gateway